If you were planning on picking up a Sony A65 camera, you might be out of luck as Sony has recently put up a notice on its website, claiming that the A65 camera is no longer available. The device has been officially listed as discontinued, leaving us to speculate that perhaps a newer model could be announced soon. This is typical of camera manufacturers who discontinue older camera models ahead of a new model’s release. What this means for the consumer is that whatever stock is left in Sony’s stores or third-party retailers will be pretty much all that’s left, so if the A65 is a camera you’ve had your eye on, you better hurry before they are sold out!
Back in July this year, we reported on a rumor that Sony had a bunch of new cameras in the works, and that the Sony A69 was rumored to be one of them alongside the A59 and the A79. If this is true, it definitely explains why the A65 has been discontinued. Sony Alpha Rumors has also noted that the Sony A77 has had its deal extended on Amazon, which could be Sony’s way of unloading remaining stock before the A79 is announced. Either way we’re not sure when these new cameras will be announced, but check back with us later for the details.
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot