We have been hearing a lot about Sony possibly launching a full-frame NEX camera in the coming weeks, and just the other day the alleged specs of the camera had been revealed. Given that none of this is official yet, we can’t blame some of you guys if you were a little skeptical, but according to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors, it seems that Sony isn’t even trying to hide the fact that they will be announcing such a device in the near future. According to several emails they have gotten from their sources, they claim that Sony representatives have been pretty open about the device, with some outright telling them that at least two full-frame E-mount cameras are arriving, with one of them whose design is said to resemble the NEX-7, and the other to look more like the RX1.
It is unclear exactly when Sony will unveil said cameras. Earlier reports have suggested that the cameras could be unveiled during the PhotoPlus Expo in October, while there have also been reports that Sony is inviting retailers to have a look at the device. We’re guessing the latter event will be behind closed doors to prep retailers on how they should sell the device, while the PhotoPlus Expo will be a launch for everyone. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled so check back with us later for more updates.
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6