For our friends and readers over in the UK, if you’re planning on picking up an affordable tablet, UK retailer Argos has officially launched a new tablet of their own called “MyTablet”. The device will retail for 100 GBP and will be available for purchase starting from the 16th of October, which is today. Given its modest price tag we guess one shouldn’t expect too much from the device, but if you’re just looking for something to surf the net with, check emails, or maybe read some ebooks, then we suppose the MyTablet should be more than capable of getting the job done.
In terms of specs, 100 GBP will net you a 7” IPS touchscreen display with a rather disappointing resolution of 1024×600. It will be powered by a 1.6GHz dual-core processor and will come with 8GB of internal storage which can be expanded via microSD card. It will also pack a 2MP rear-facing camera which we guess should be enough to snap a quick photo or two, just don’t expect DSLR-like quality. The tablet will also run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and will come pre-loaded with apps such as Angry Birds, BBC iPlayer, Facebook, and some e-reader software.
- 2014-04-22: iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-22: Xplore XC6 Series Rugged Tablet Takes In Any Punishment
- 2014-04-22: Logitech Big Bang Thin And Light Case For Your iPad
- 2014-04-22: New Logitech Ultrathin For iPads Announced
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.