Don’t you think that the world of hardware is a wonderful one? Each new iteration would be superior performance than its predecessor, and sometimes, it might even result in a lower price due to the efficiency in the manufacturing process. Well, on the downside, backwards compatibility is one particular issue to look out for, and when we are talking about the PS4 controller, here is something that was recently discovered and shared by YouTuber Udetto. Apparently, the PS4 controller does seem to be compatible somewhat with select PS3 games as long as it remains connected to the console via USB cable, as seen in the video above.
Udetto booted up Urban Trial Freestyle, where he was then able to navigate through the training level without any issues whatsoever. Unfortunately, you will not be able to score any Jack Wilshere-like PlayStation goals as the PS4 controller will not play nice with FIFA 14. Not only that, using the controller wirelessly also seems to disrupt compatibility. Udetoo shared, “Games which require the controller to be wireless or in wireless mode or whatever won’t work.”
It must be noted that Sony did announce in the past that the PS4 will not support PS3 controllers, but they did not say anything about it being the other way around.
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-02-04: Thief Gets New Trailer, Goes Gold
- 2014-01-30: PS3 To Xbox One Upgrade: Microsoft Offers $100 Discount
- 2013-12-29: PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App