Gaming console news has been constantly pouring in this month, because both Sony and Microsoft launched their new consoles over the past few weeks. Sony was the first to come out with its PlayStation 4 on November 15th. After launch day, the company announced that it had sold over one million units on launch day alone, an impressive feat considering the fact that PS4 was only launched in U.S. and Canada on the aforementioned date. The console seems to be doing well even after the initial rush, as Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly tells Reuters that the retailer has “pretty much run out” of PS4 stock.
As Sony gears up to launch the console in Europe and additional markets, it continues to see strong consumer demand in North America. This week Microsoft finally released its Xbox One console, and it too announced after launch day that it had sold over 1 million units under 24 hours, however the Xbox One was initially launched in 13 markets. Nevertheless, customers anxious to purchase the Sony PlayStation 4 from Best Buy need not worry. CEO Joly confirmed to Reuters that the retailer is going to receive new inventory next week, so that the console is very much in stock as customers flock to purchase the latest in gaming technology.
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: inFAMOUS Second Son PS4 Patch Arrives April 17th
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle