The holidays are upon us and the spirit of spreading cheer grips us all. Amazon is feeling rather festive too this year, as it has announced that users who download an Android app on a smartphone or a tablet through its Appstore will receive a free $5 credit which they can put towards future purchases. It doesn’t matter if the app they download is free or costs money to purchase, they will receive the free credit regardless of the app downloaded.
Amazon has kicked off this promotion today and it runs through December 28th. It doesn’t concern Amazon if you’ve never used its Appstore before to download an app on your Android device, simply get the latest version of the Appstore and download an app to receive the credit. The credit can only be used in the Appstore through which users can purchase paid applications, or even make in-app purchases. Amazon is also pushing hard with deals throughout the week of Christmas, offering up to 65 percent off on apps and games from top developers. It will also offer free app of the day deals through which Amazon will allow users to download one predetermined app each day until December 28th, titles include Angry Birds Star Wars II, Queli Memento, Doodle Farm and more.
Next Story: First CyanogenMod Phone Available Now
- 2014-04-22: Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2012-03-15: Amazon Appstore turns one
- 2011-11-10: Amazon updates its Appstore to version 2.0
- 2011-09-20: Amazon Appstore available out of the US? (Updated)
- 2011-03-22: Amazon launches Appstore with Angry Birds Rio and gets sued by Apple
- 2011-01-05: Amazon appstore now open for developers to submit apps