[CES 2014] Acer today announced a new an improved low cost tablet, the third generation Iconia B1 that comes with a new patterned finish, slimmer design and offers better sound at an affordable price of $129.99. The 7 inch tablet has a thin design and narrow bezel with the new back cover providing a comfortable touch feel as it has a silky finish and textured patterned. Its available in two color options on the front bezel, in grey and red.
The 7 inch 10 point touch display is supported by One Glass Solution technology, which makes the display brighter and thinner. The LED-backlit display offers 1024×600 pixel resolution. Acer Iconia B1′s speaker and microphone both are placed at the front to provide more immersive sound, higher volume and clearer voice quality for video calls.
Under the hood there’s a 1.3GHz MediaTek MT8111 Cortex A7 dual-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. Initial model is available with 16GB of on-board storage but customers do have the ability to expand externally via micro-SD card up to 32GB. The tablet is powered by Android 4.2.1 and its battery is said to be good for up to five hours. Acer will release the tablet in North America mid-January for $129.99.
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2014-01-09 Huawei Debuts Tron Android-Powered Gaming Console
- 2014-01-07 Meizu MX3 U.S. Launch Planned For Q3, 2014
- 2014-01-07 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2014-01-06 LG Lifeband Touch
- 2014-01-03 Acer Iconia A1-830 Clover Trail Powered Tablet Costs $179