Even though it was officially said that the Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 tablet would start shipping in February 2014, it appears that the tablet still hasn’t made its way into the hands of customers. The folks at Neowin digged around a bit and claim that couldn’t any evidence of the tablet being sold online. They also contacted a few “known resellers,” with only one revealing that orders for the tablet will be taken from tomorrow and that ship dates sit between March 10th and April 3rd, 2014.
The Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 tablet was first introduced back in September 2013. It has already been delayed a couple of times, and it seems that shipments to most retailers have been dispatched quite late, at least later than Panasonic’s own estimate of shipments starting in the month of February.
A reseller called Rugged Mobile Computing is going to start selling this tablet from tomorrow. With a 1.9GHz Intel Core i5 processor coupled with 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD storage, NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M graphics with 2GB VRAM and a massive 20 inch 3,840×2,560 pixel resolution display, this particular model costs $5,215. Panasonic will also offer a “performance model” of this tablet later this year. Carrying a suggested price of $6,999, the tablet touts Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB RAM as well as a lot more.
Next Story: Android SDK For Wearables Coming In Two Weeks
- 2014-04-18: Chrome High DPI: How To Enable It In Windows 8, 8.1 (v34+)
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-08: Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700