When it comes to hybrid devices like the ASUS Transformer Book T100, you know that they are something special, although these devices will not end up creating a whole new genre of products that look set to take the world by storm – it seems that folks still like their notebooks to be, well, notebooks, and keep their tablet lifestyle separate. After all, it is pretty difficult to achieve a balance between portability and performance in a hybrid when you take the convenience factor into consideration. Having said that, the ASUS Transformer Book T100 that was released in the second half of 2013 has just been given a speed bump thanks to the inclusion of an even faster processor.
Apparently, there are several European retailers who have already begun to show off listings for the ASUS Transformer Book T10, albeit this model will showcase an Intel 1.47GHz Atom Z3775 quad-core processor that has burst speeds of up to 2.39GHz, now how about that? The original model itself came with a 1.33GHz Atom Z3740 that had burst frequencies up to 1.86GHz, which was pretty much all right for normal tasks and perhaps select CPU-intensive activities. I guess throwing in the new Intel Atom Bay Trail processor would do it a world of good, especially when it comes to balancing both power consumption and performance.
Other hardware specifications for the souped up ASUS Transformer Book T100 include 2GB RAM, 64GB of internal memory with some models seemingly listed to feature a 500GB hard drive which in all probability would be in the keyboard dock and not within the tablet itself. No idea on whether this souped up version will arrive in the US or not, and neither do we have a ballpark figure of the pricing details should that happen.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-05-24: Asus Announces VivoBook V551 Ultrabook With Intel Haswell CPU
- 2013-03-18: ASUS Rumored To Launch Intel Smartphone In June
- 2011-11-10: Acer and ASUS scale back ultrabook production
- 2011-05-31: Intel creates Ultrabook category for mobile computing niche
- 2011-04-19: ASUS updates U43SD bamboo laptop