Game of Thrones finally made its season debut last night and safe to say many have been anticipating the newest season, thanks in part to the various teasers and trailers that HBO have been releasing up until its release.
That being said, it seems that there was so much demand to watch the episode that HBO GO could not keep up with it and actually crashed, leaving users with a logo of HBO GO and no Game of Thrones. According to a tweet by the company, “Looks like there’s trouble in the realm. Apologies for the inconvenience. We’ll be providing updates, so please stay tuned.”
HBO GO later followed up with another tweet that read, “We’re sorry for all of the trouble, but if you’re an @HBO subscriber, the @GameOfThrones premiere replays at 11 PM EST.” Of course this probably doesn’t sit well with HBO GO subscribers who wanted to watch it when it aired, not to mention that there are probably spoilers posted all over the internet that would be pretty hard to avoid, especially if you’re on social media.
In any case hopefully this will be a lesson to HBO GO and that in the future they should probably prepare themselves for a surge in demand, especially when they know that they’ve created a series that the entire world is watching and looking forward to. So, any of our readers affected by HBO GO’s downtime?
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Game Of Thrones Causes HBO GO To Crash
- 2014-04-04: Game Of Thrones Opening Sequence Recreated In Skyrim
- 2014-03-06: HBO Go For PS3 On Xfinity Is Dead On Arrival
- 2014-01-19: HBO Doesn't Mind HBO GO Password Sharing
- 2014-01-10: Game Of Thrones Vines From Season 4 Trainer
- 2013-12-29: Most Pirated Show Of 2013 Was Game Of Thrones