Co-Published with BIOS
It’s good to talk, especially on the phone. The trouble is, contrary to the old saying, telephone talk is not particularly cheap. But that’s all about to change with VoIP technology. The USB-based VoIP Cyberphone, which comes bundled with free Skype software, allows you to make free telephone calls to other Voice-over-IP (VoIP) Cyberphones as well as low-cost calls to landlines and mobiles all over the world.
It’s a little basic in terms of build quality, especially as DECT versions are starting to appear, but its low cost and ease of use are ideal for making your first move into the future of telecommunications.
Pros: Inexpensive; low subscription costs; good quality voice calls
Cons: Requires broadband; wired; can’t be used as a regular phone
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- Microsoft Planning To Unite Their Windows Operating Systems
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]