Alienware has equipped its powerful Area-51 ALX desktops with the latest Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 processor – the first 45nm desktop processor from Intel. Not only is this processor already blazing fast on its own, Alienware has overclocked it to a whopping 4.0GHz, offering superior graphical performance aided by ATI Radeon’s HD 3870 in CrossFire dual graphics configurations. The new 45nm High-k metal gate silicon technology will boast a smaller processor die that delivers significantly improved thermal management and overclocking possibilities. In addition, this new microprocessor is also equipped with microarchitecture enhancements that enable greater performance at a given frequency. Prices start from a wallet-bustin’ $5,499 upwards. [Press Release]
Next Story: O2 Micro Audio CD player tech patented
- 2011-05-05: HR3D from MIT: A Better 3D Screen Than the Nintendo 3DS, But...
- 2011-01-12: Kinect for Flash, Silverlight and Unity
- 2011-01-02: PrimeSense and Asus to Launch WAVI Xtion Gesture-Controlled User Interface
- 2010-07-27: Warhammer 40,000 inspired casemod looks totally awesome
- 2010-11-29: Nintendo Game Boy Web App