The Vital Jacket is but an intelligent wearable garment which supposedly monitors one’s electrocardiogram (ECG) wave and Heart Rate continuously. It has been targeted for use in medical environments, high performance sports as well as fitness situations. This wearable vital signs monitoring system consists of an amalgamation of textiles with microelectronics, offering a greater degree of freedom and movement to a patient without being tied down to a bed by a jungle of wires. Currently, two different versions are available – the HWM100 which stores data on a SD memory card for post-analysis on a PC and the HWM200 which enables realtime visualization, sending data through Bluetooth to a PDA or smartphone for further reference. These Vital Jackets are now up for pre-order, with prices starting from €399 upwards.
Next Story: Skype Unlimited International Plans
- 2011-05-26 Guide vest that lets blind wearers "see" the world via tactile feedback
- 2011-04-28 Awaiba NanEye camera is super small
- 2011-04-26 Radar detects concussions in athletes and soldiers
- 2011-04-26 Tibion Bionic Leg makes stroke rehabilitation easier
- 2011-04-14 Smart wheelchairs coming your way, Prof X places order