Sierra Wireless has released a couple of new USB modems – the Sierra Wireless USB 306 and the USB 307, making them the first mobile broadband USB modem for HSPA+ networks in the world. These new modems are touted to achieve nearly triple the speed compared to other mobile broadband devices, although the peak download speeds of 21 Mbps are pretty much theoretical in our books compared to real world usage. Expect to see the Sierra Wireless USB 306 and USB 307 modems ship sometime before the middle of this year. The former was specially designed for North American and Asia-Pacific regions, operating on the 850, 1900 and 2100 MHz bands, while the USB 307 will target European use as they play nice on the 900 and 2100 MHz bands.
Next Story: Chery Automobile Outs Plug-in Electric Car
- 2014-04-09: MetaWear $30 Wearable Chip With BT LE And Accelerometer On Kickstarter
- 2014-03-23: Vaavud Is A High Tech Weathervane
- 2014-02-24: Garmin Xperia Edition App's SmartWatch 2 Extension Brings Navigation To Your Wrist
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-01-30: Samsung Galaxy S Neo Moniker To Be Trademarked