SMART Technologies will be introducing a new upgrade to their newest SMART Board 600 series that gives the interactive board even more brains to figure out whether you are using a finger, pen or an eraser to interact with it – all without having to put the current tool down before using another. This new Touch Recognition technology will make the use of the SMART Board 600 series all the more seamless, enabling the user to use various tools at their disposal without having to interrupt the flow of the lesson or presentation. In addition, it also helps reduce the learning curve teachers experience whenever they are introduced to the SMART Board. We wonder whether future revisions will see it able to track the activity of students in the classroom with your back facing them, automatically launching a well aimed piece of chalk at the offender as a warning not to horse around in class.
- 2011-05-26: Guide vest that lets blind wearers "see" the world via tactile feedback
- 2011-05-10: Palm Touch Panel turns your palm into a touchscreen display
- 2011-04-28: Awaiba NanEye camera is super small
- 2011-04-28: Westminster Abbey gets cell phone jammers for royal wedding
- 2011-04-26: Radar detects concussions in athletes and soldiers