Canon doesn’t just do printers and photocopy machines, they are also involved in the world of cameras and optics with their latest device being the Vandal Resistant Fixed Mini-Dome Network Camera, also known as the VB-C500VD. Meant for use indoors, the Canon VB-C500VD was specially designed with advanced features that makes it suitable for locations that require a fixed indoor security camera such as elevators, long corridors and other places where such cameras are prone to vandalism or tampering. It boasts an impressive 82-degree wide-angle lens with 2.4x optical zoom (manual to give those stationed in security rooms more “entertainment”) and 4x digital zoom (focal length = 2.6mm~6.2mm). Other features built into the VB-C500VD include Motion Detection, Audio Input/Output and a Recording Stream Function. Expect this device to hit the market sometime in the middle of next month onwards for $999.
Next Story: MacBook Air clone in China
- 2014-04-17: All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy