Here’s some good news for you as we move closer to the weekend. In celebration of the full launch of Skype Access, which allows you to connect to participating Wi-Fi hotspots globally in a pay-per-minute model, Skype is offering free Wi-Fi access at over 100,000 hotspots worldwide this weekend (20-21 March 2010). The deal runs from 0000 GMT on Saturday 20 March 2010 to 2359 GMT on Sunday 21 March 2010, so make sure you don’t get the dates wrong. Once you’re at a Skype Access compatible hotspot, you’ll only need your laptop and the latest version of Skype and you’re good to go. The icing on the cake is that if you’re at a UK airport, Skype has extended the offer in the UK to 2359 on Monday 22nd March, so you get a little extra mileage over there. Sounds like a good deal, doesn’t it? Are you planning to give it a go over the weekend? Official announcement.
Next Story: Greenp0ison iPad jailbreak is being prepped
- 2014-04-16: LaCie Confirms Customer Data Breach On Their Website
- 2014-04-15: Steve Jobs Movie Will Not Be Directed By David Fincher
- 2014-04-15: FBI Adds Facial Recognition To Its Arsenal
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-11: SELFIE Mirror Shoots Seflies