Researchers from Down Under at Bionic Vision Australia (BVA) managed to come up with a prototype version of a bionic eye implant which could potentially revolutionize the world of blind people since this eye has the potential to restore rudimentary vision – although the earliest that would happen would be 2013. This system will include a pair of glasses with an integrated camera, a processor which is small enough to fit in your pocket, and an ocular implant that sits against the retina at the back of the eye, where it will electronically stimulate the retinal neurons that send visual information to the brain. While current visual pictures are blocky and low-resolution, expect technology to catch up and offer higher resolutions down the road.
- 2014-02-25: Motorola’s Google Smartwatch Prototype Spotted
- 2013-09-03: Acer Extend Prototype Spotted
- 2013-07-25: Google Could Work On A Different Set Top Device
- 2013-07-03: Bing Maps Spots Prototype Russian Fighter Jet
- 2013-04-19: Mystery Samsung Model Leak Turns Out To Be Galaxy S4 Developer Prototype