reQall is a memory application that offers location and time based contextual reminders already available on Black Berry and iPhone. reQall is launching its Android version, so now Google phone users will be able to enjoy this reminder system and productivity assistant. The application record and save your ideas and task via voice or text , and organizes it for you. The system is location and time aware and sends reminders according these contextual changes. reQall rolled out new features on the web-based application, such as categories, tags, new lists and viewing options, increased user configurability, bulk operations and the ability to add locations by address.
Check out the Key features after the jump
Editor’s note: I have not tested reQall again for a while, this information comes from the press release.
Features include (from the versions on the iPhone and BlackBerry as of March 2009) :
- Enhanced Memory Jogger –patent-pending feature, analyzes a user’s situation (calendar, time, location), predicts when they’ll forget, and automatically delivers relevant, up-to-the-minute reminders.
- Places – Organizes tasks based on where they need to be done. For example, a task such as “try the cake at the Blue restaurant” can be assigned to a geo-location of “Blue restaurant” and reQall will display that item when the user is near the Blue restaurant.
- Outlook and Google Calendar integration –synchronization that lets users add items by voice or text to their Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar or Outlook Tasks.
- Recurring reminders
- Universal sharing – ability to send reminders to friends, family and colleagues—even if they’re not reQall users.
- Integration with smartphone contacts – For iPhone and BlackBerry users, reQall can access the contact list stored in their device.
- Helping hand – for iPhone and BlackBerry users: reQall recognizes phone numbers, email addresses and links in the content of reQall items so users can call, email and browse directly from reQall.
- Email reQall – In addition to reQall via voice, text, web, Firefox and IM, users can now add and update items via email.
New Features on the iPhone as of July 2009
- Memory Maps – enhanced “Places” function – add a destination related to a task you want to remember on your reQall Places without having to physically visit the site.
- Eyes-Free Recording – no need to look at your screen or tap a button when it’s time to remember. The recording of thoughts and tasks starts when the user raise the iPhone to the ear.
- Push Notification – lets reQall users receive reminders even when they’re not running the reQall application.
- Data Detectors – when a telephone number, URL or email address is contained in a reQall message, users can tap once to take action: call, compose an email or launch a Web page.