When it comes to market share of smartphones, Android has taken top spot, overtaking BlackBerry and iPhone sales in the process. According to Canalys, when you take into account the sales figures from HTC, Motorola and other smaller Android producers, it amounted to 34% of American smartphones during spring, edging out RIM by 1.9% while beating Apple’s 21.7% by far. The newer Android-powered phones like the HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Evo 4G and others accounted for the largest slice at 14.4%, while Motorola, LG and others contributed less. This is definitely a milestone, showing that Android grew nearly 9 times more compared to where it was a year ago. For those in the iPhone camp, are you convinced to make a switch already?RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Android, mobile os,
- Seen at: electronista