Electric cars are still a novelty, but who are we to say that it isn’t going to become the mainstream vehicle of choice in a few years’ time, what with all the tax rebates available Stateside? Well, the subject of an electric plane might be more tricky, since running out of juice while you’re in mid-air is a whole lot more dangerous and fatal compared to being on the road. The Sonex electric plane recently went through its test flight with flying colors (pun not intended), where Sonex chairman and E-Flight captain John Monnett actually picked up the responsibility himself. Now that’s walking the talk, or in this case, flying the talk. All Sonex needs to do at the moment is improve on the existing technology, where their main goal would be to maintain the aircraft in mid-air for a whole lot longer.
Next Story: abcDARIAN Concept Device Helps You Learn To Read
- 2014-04-18: Hybrid Motorcycles To Serve The Army Soon
- 2014-04-17: Nissan Offers Free And Easy Charging For LEAF Cars
- 2014-04-15: Cheaper Chevrolet Volt Could Arrive Soon
- 2014-04-14: Netherlands' Glow In The Dark Highway Is Now A Reality
- 2014-04-13: U.S. Navy Turns Seawater Into Fuel For Its Vessels