From January 12th onwards, T-Mobile will be introducing OTA updates for Android 2.2 FroYo to the myTouch 3G 3.5mm Jack and the MyTouch Fender LE. It will be released in staggered waves, but according to T-Mobile, everyone ought to have the update before February 1st goes past midnight. At least we now have a concrete date to work around with, and so we will have to go back on our earlier word. Here’s what T-Mobile has to say about the entire situation.
Beginning January 12, 2011, the highly anticipated Android 2.2 Froyo operating system will be made available to T-Mobile customers using the myTouch 3G 3.5mm Jack and myTouch Fender LE via over-the-air update (OTA). myTouch devices should be fully charged before beginning the download. The Android 2.2 Froyo update will provide a number of benefits, including a new or enhanced home screen experience, new or improved Exchange e-mail integration, and the addition of Faves Gallery. The update will be sent to customers using the myTouch 3G 3.5mm Jack and myTouch Fender LE in staggered waves beginning January 12 and we anticipate all customers will receive it by February 1, 2011.
Next Story: Soap grater looks cheesy
- 2011-11-15: AT&T announces launch dates for Pantech Pocket, Samsung Doubletime and Captivate Glide
- 2011-11-15: VIZIO VIA Android smartphone makes a stop at the FCC
- 2011-10-31: Huawei Deuce dual SIM Android smartphone lands in Australia
- 2011-10-31: Hugo Boss edition of the Samsung Galaxy Ace for the brand conscious
- 2011-10-17: Cutepad Z7 is an affordable tablet
- 2011-05-05: Majority of Android devices are on version 2.2
- 2010-08-29: Froyo for the T-Mobile G2 seen up close and personal
- 2010-09-27: T-Mobile G2 Will Not Support Tethering At Launch
- 2010-10-12: T-Mobile Rolling Out myTouch 3G Android 2.2 Upgrade This Week
- 2010-11-09: myTouch 3G Froyo 2.2 update works on the T-Mobile G1