Samsung is just about ready to launch its 8.9″ Tablet. The company’s headquarters has sent the invitation to all pre-registered CTIA media. On the invite image, you can see a tablet with the number 78910. Interestingly, that can be interpreted as 7″ 8.9″ and 10″ – or the whole Samsung line up for your Tab life.
If we look at what the competition, namely LG’s Optimus Pad, is doing we can speculate that the Samsung 8.9″ Tablet would also use Android 3.0 (Honeycomb). Now whether it will use Tegra 2, or Samsung’s own silicon is still debatable. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 does use Tegra 2, and it would seem simpler to do so as well. However, Samsung also produces its own system on a chip (SoC). I personally think that Samsung and LG will run neck to neck in this tablet race but Samsung might announce software and cloud services that others don’t have.
Next Story: Samsung Gem launching on Verizon soon?
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2011-09-28: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 simulator
- 2011-08-16: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 goes ahead with sales in the Netherlands
- 2011-04-12: Samsung Galaxy Tab (WiFi-only) on sale now
- 2011-03-31: Sprint's Samsung Galaxy Tab to go below $200 mark
- 2010-09-22: Australia to sell Samsung Galaxy Tab for $999