Rarely do manufacturers take the time to design sleek cases for their peripheral devices, but Buffalo isn’t one of them. The company known for their portable and backup storage solutions has just announced the launch of a new portable DVD drive. Simply called the Buffalo Portable DVD Drive, it is simple as it is stylish, featuring a shiny black surface with a hidden compartment to stow away the USB cable when it is not in use.
The Portable DVD Drive comes with CyberLink Media Suite pre-loaded so you won’t have to deal with the hassles of installing DVD writing software. It is powered by its USB cable so you don’t have to look for an extra power source to keep it juiced, and has LEDs to indicate the power supply stability. It reads and writes DVD+/- R at 8x, and can simply work through plug and play. It works with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac OS X. As of now, no prices have been announced, but it should be available by today.
Next Story: White iPhone 4 goes on sale tomorrow
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo MiniStation Air: More Than A Portable Drive
- 2014-01-07: LinkStation 200 Is Buffalo's New Network Attached Storage Series (NAS)
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo AirStation AC 1200 Dual Band Router Brings Support For 802.11AC
- 2013-02-21: Buffalo DriveStation Carries 1GB RAM As Well
- 2013-01-07: BuffaloLink DriveStation DDR HDD Enclosure With Huge RAM Cache
- 2011-09-27: Buffalo MiniStation Extreme and DriveStation Axis Velocity external hard drives
- 2011-09-02: Samsung SE-208BW Smart Media Hub unveiled
- 2011-08-08: M-Disc said to be able to withstand boiling water and liquid nitrogen
- 2011-07-19: Kaleidescape M700 Disc Vault helps you store your movie collection