Transcend wants to add a couple of feathers to its cap (or should we say jewels to a crown?) with the introduction of the StoreJet 25H3P and StoreJet 25H2P, where the former will be SuperSpeed USB 3.0-powered while the latter runs off the more ordinary USB 2.0 connection.
Of course, with USB 3.0 equipping the StoreJet 25H3P, you can be sure that this portable hard drive is going to further expand Transcend’s USB 3.0 portfolio. This is a powerful storage device that will merge not only the superior performance of USB 3.0 connectivity, but also up to 1TB of storage space as well – letting you hold around 200 DVD movies. Just in case you’re paranoid of your data stored within, this model will boast of a three-stage shock protection system. Capable of hitting theoretical transfer speeds up to 90MB/s, the StoreJet 25H3P is no slouch when it comes to data transfer as we’re talking about transferring a whole DVD movie in under 60 seconds.
Both drives have already made it past the rigorous U.S. military drop-test tests, which clearly places them as one of the more robust portable hard drives in the market currently. The more budget minded folks can always look towards the USB 2.0-powered StoreJet 25H2P, where it is also shock resistant and have a same amount of storage space, albeit transferring data at a much slower speed.
The Transcend StoreJet 25H3P and StoreJet 25H2P will retail for $205 and $185, respectively.
- 2012-01-26: Transcend launches Jetflash 780 USB 3.0 flash drives
- 2012-01-03: Transcend StoreJet Cloud arrives at the FCC
- 2011-08-26: ITRI and Transcend create USB drives that store up to 2TB
- 2011-08-09: Transcend JetFlash T35 is another rugged USB flash drive
- 2011-04-21: Transcend StoreJet 25H3P and StoreJet 25H2P
- 2011-03-31: Transcend Class 10 microSDHC cards announced