At the recent MeeGo conference today, the folks at MeeGo News spoke to Basyskom, a MeeGo developer, who gave them a demonstration of a new UI they developed, called Plasma Active. Running on MeeGo 1.2, the new UI looks pretty sleek, with transparent menus and thumb-friendly side menus for easy navigation.
There’s not much information about it at the moment, but you can watch a 6 minute long video the MeeGo News guys shot on location. Basyskom plans to get it ready by October, and we should see a much more polished version by then even though it looks pretty good now. It looks like MeeGo development is moving along quite steadily, which is pretty good news. Video after the break:
- 2014-01-02 Nokia Kills Support For Symbian And MeeGo Apps
- 2013-10-07 Nokia To Drop Symbian And MeeGo Support At End Of 2013
- 2013-03-07 Nokia N9 Users Petition Nokia For Updates And Bug Fixes
- 2012-10-03 Jolla to release custom Sailfish MeeGo version with hardware next month
- 2012-07-20 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ported onto a Nokia N9
- 2011-08-08 TabCo UI sneak peek video
- 2011-08-08 TabCo tablet UI preview on the way
- 2011-07-07 Is TabCo a viral marketing stunt by Nokia?