It looks like your Xoom tablet may have the ability to extend beyond being a regular tablet. According to some rumors, Motorola are going to release a new version of the Atrix laptop dock that turns your mobile device into a laptop. Except in this case, it won’t be the Motorola Atrix phone that you’ll be plugging in; it’ll be the Motorola Xoom tablet instead.
While Motorola’s laptop dock was a big deal when it was introduced at CES 2011, it hasn’t been doing too well since it was released; mostly due to its exorbitant price and reports about its sluggish performance despite being powered by a dual-core processor phone. No word on when we’ll be seeing these new tablet-friendly laptop docks, but if Motorola can price them right and improve its performance this time around, it might do better than before.
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2011-12-19: Motorola XOOM gets Ice Cream Sandwich unofficially
- 2011-12-02: Motorola XOOM updated to support Pay As You Go
- 2011-10-24: Unnamed Motorola tablet visits the FCC
- 2011-10-17: Motorola Xoom to be the first tablet to receive Ice Cream Sandwich update?
- 2011-09-28: Motorola XOOM 4G LTE upgrade available tomorrow