Motorola has finally launched its highly anticipated high-end smartphone, the ThinkPhone — which specifically targets the enterprise segment — in the US. The first ThinkPad-branded smartphone from Motorola was first introduced during CES 2023 (check out our best picks from the event), and it was designed to complement Lenovo’s ThinkPad lineup of notebooks.
One of the most exciting features of this device is its ability to serve as a companion device to ThinkPad notebooks; the integration enables a seamless transition from one device to another, allowing, for example, users to switch from a conference call on the ThinkPhone to the ThinkPad without any confusing processes. Additionally, users can open Android apps natively on their ThinkPads and drag and drop files between the ThinkPhone and ThinkPads.
Despite not having the latest hardware, the ThinkPhone still boasts a potent-enough spec sheet with a Snapdragon 8+Gen 1 chip from Qualcomm and a single variant with 8GB of RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. The ThinkPhone’s display measures 6.55 inches and uses a pOLED panel with FHD+ resolution. The camera setup on the ThinkPhone includes a 50 MP primary camera with PDAF+OIS, a secondary 13MP ultrawide camera, and a 32MP front-facing camera with autofocus.
The ThinkPhone also supports 5G, LTE, 3G, and 2G networks, along with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, and GPS. It also has a dual SIM slot and is MIL-STD-810H compliant.
Highlights from the Motorola ThinkPhone:
- Companion device to Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks
- Seamless transition from smartphone to notebook
- Drag and drop files between ThinkPhone and ThinkPad
- Open Android apps natively on ThinkPad
- Integrated notifications for phone and notebook
- Snapdragon 8+Gen 1 chip from Qualcomm
- 8GB of RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 6.55 inch pOLED display with FHD+ resolution
- HDR10+ ready with a max 144hz refresh rate and brightness of 1200 nits
- 50 MP primary camera with PDAF+OIS and 13MP ultrawide camera
- 32MP front-facing camera with autofocus
- MIL-STD-810H compliant
- 5G, LTE, 3G, and 2G network support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS
- Dual SIM slot
- 68W charger included in retail packaging.
Price and availability
The Motorola ThinkPhone is priced at $699, making it an affordable and attractive option for enterprise users looking for a high-end smartphone that can double as a companion device to their ThinkPad notebooks. The phone is now available for purchase in the US.
Filed in Motorola.. Read more about