Vodafone has just introduced another Android handset to its lineup of smartphones. Called the Vodafone 858 Smart, it’ll be targeted at people who are unfamiliar with the smartphone world and are looking to dip their toes into it with a cheap handset. The Vodafone 858 Smart packs entry level specs such as a 2.2″ (240 x 320) display, Android 2.2, and the basic necessities like 3G, WiFi, and Bluetooth. It will come preloaded with the usual social networking apps for users to stay connected.
The Vodafone 858 Smart will be available in a variety of colors, but folks who aren’t satisfied with the available selection will be able to customize their own back covers online. The phone is intended to be fashionable as well as much as it is useful. It will be made available this summer for Pay As You Go customers for $129(£80). It’s not going to appeal to the consumers looking for a high-end device, but for the younger, trendy folks who are into collecting covers – it might be a hit.
Should carriers bother with releasing their own phones or should they be focusing their efforts on improving their services instead?
- 2014-04-08: SoftBank Reportedly Considering Bid For Vodafone
- 2014-03-18: Vodafone UK To Sell Gold Galaxy S5 Exclusively
- 2014-03-12: Vodafone Germany Begins To Introduce SIM Card Based Encryption
- 2014-02-25: Vodafone Instant Network Mini Delivers Mobile Networks When Disaster Strikes
- 2014-01-27: AT&T Announces They Have No Intention Of Bidding On Vodafone
- 2011-08-22: Buy now, pay later for Vodafone Android users
- 2011-08-11: LG Optimus Sol caught on video
- 2011-03-31: HTC Desire S arriving in the UK this April
- 2010-09-28: Vodafone 945 announced, is second Android smartphone from carrier
- 2010-10-04: Vodafone to empower Vodafone 360 Android Shop with games