Great news to all users of the HTC Droid Incredible, Verizon has announced that it will be releasing the update to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. Considering that this phone isn’t exactly new (it already has a successor released), loyal Incredible users will be pleased to know that their phone is getting an extension to its lifespan with this sweet update.
In addition to upgrading the phone to Gingerbread, the update also fixes a number of bugs on the HTC Incredible – it lets it send MMS messages correctly, properly save audio files from MMS messages, successfully play audio files from a message, send Vcards through SMS messages, enables Internet connection via Bluetooth, enables VZ Navigator to operate over WiFi, and more.
And if reports are right, we’ll start seeing the update being pushed OTA tomorrow, with 10,000 users first, then 50,000 on Wednesday, and everybody else on Friday.
Next Story: Saygus VPhone is back
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review
- 2011-10-17 HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update returning soon
- 2011-09-30 HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update suspended temporarily
- 2011-08-31 HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-08-17 New Android Gingerbread update for Thunderbolt leaked
- 2011-08-04 HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update to arrive this quarter?