Students these days seem to have it a lot easier what with so much technology being offered to them to help them with projects, research, studying, etc. Well I guess that’s just the way the world and technology progresses, and it looks like Samsung will be doing their bit at empowering students with their tablets by offering 1,000 units of their Galaxy Tab 10.1 to 1,000 lucky students at the University of South Mississippi.
It appears that the tablets will be given to selected Honors College, McNair Scholars, Southern Style and Gulf Coast students, with the goal being to enhance their education experience by giving not only students, but also educators, mobile access to their courses, textbooks, grades and schedules.
We have to agree that this is a more efficient way to get about completing their course and gaining quick and easy access to the required study materials, but at the same time it reduces the need for paper so in a way this would also help the environment.
“Tablets are like the Swiss Army Knife to academic excellence. By leveraging this new technology, we are committed to transforming the way students interact, engage and learn in the classrooms,” said Homer Coffman, chief information officer for USM. “The iTech department at Southern Miss is continually challenging itself to support emerging technology and find new ways to put information into the students’ hands.”
- 2014-04-07: Kata Enterprises Brings Math Game For Girls Onto Android Devices
- 2014-03-20: Initiative Harnesses The Sun To Power Computers In Uganda
- 2014-03-20: South Korean Schools Trialling Software To Restrict Phone Use During Class
- 2014-03-19: Being Good At Gaming Could Land You A Spot In South Korea's Universities
- 2014-01-27: Epic Games Partners With Staffordshire University To Help Provide Game Design Education
- 2013-09-06: Samsung Reportedly Pessimistic About Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition Sales
- 2012-09-18: Preliminary injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will still stand
- 2012-09-14: Verizon approves Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- 2012-09-12: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets voice calling capability
- 2012-08-14: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi finally receives Android 4.0 ICS update