If you’re a student at New Jersey’s Seton Hall University, the good news is that you may be one of the lucky students who will be receiving a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad tablet. This move is in conjunction with the university’s program of mobile learning, but unfortunately it will only be distributed among 350 faculty and university students of specific programs, which we’re guessing will benefit the most from the tablets.
Stephen G. Landry, chief information officer at Seton Hall had this to say:
“As a long time partner with Lenovo as a ThinkPad University campus, we’re delighted to bring the ThinkPad Tablet to our students and faculty in the Sciences, Honors and the School of Business Leadership Program [...] This new technology represents the next evolution in Seton Hall University’s Mobile Computing Program to use technology effectively to support teaching, learning and institutional effectiveness while keeping pace with technology that appeals to our students.”
It seems that more and more schools and universities are starting to adopt tablets and technology into the education curriculum, and it’s not too hard to imagine where school kids will only need to tuck a tablet under their arm when headed to school, as opposed to slinging on a heavy school bag filled with books.
The Lenovo ThinkPad will feature a 1GHz NVidia Tegra-2 dual core processor while running on Android’s Honeycomb 3.1 platform. It will also come with a 10.1” 1280×800 resolution multi-touch display, with 1GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It will also feature two cameras, a 5MP rear-facing camera and a 2MP front-facing camera.
Next Story: Samsung Super PLS displays prepped for release
- 2014-04-07: Kata Enterprises Brings Math Game For Girls Onto Android Devices
- 2014-03-20: Initiative Harnesses The Sun To Power Computers In Uganda
- 2014-03-20: South Korean Schools Trialling Software To Restrict Phone Use During Class
- 2014-03-19: Being Good At Gaming Could Land You A Spot In South Korea's Universities
- 2014-01-29: Lenovo ThinkPad 11e Delivers Rugged Computing Solution To Students
- 2013-11-20: Lenovo ThinkPad 8 Makes Its Way Through The FCC
- 2013-09-11: Lenovo Upgrading ThinkPad Series To Include Intel Haswell CPUs
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s And T440 Ultrabooks Unveiled
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 & S540