With so many tablets available in the market these days, competition is at its peak and variety is always welcome, and it looks like Hong Kong-based MNC Pocketbook International will be entering the fray with their A10 Android tablet/e-reader, which is the successor to their IQ 701.
It will feature a 10.1” 1024×768 TFT LCD display and will be running on a 1GHz TI OMAP 3621 processor. It will come with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage with an SD card slot that will support an additional 64GB. It will also sport Android’s Gingerbread out of the box and comes with 2MP front-facing camera for those video calls. There are reports that there will also be a 3G version for those who prefer not to rely on the availability of WiFi.
As you can see from the photo above, it comes with a variety of buttons which will mainly be used for ebook reading. It will come with a stock ebook app but it will also have access to Android Market, which means that for those who prefer other e-reader apps (i.e. Kindle, Nook, Kobo) will be able to download them.
It is expected to retail for less than €300 and should be making its way to Europe and Russia by October, although no word if it will be arriving to the US market.RELATED
- Mirror Android Display On Apple TV Using Mirror App
- GTA: San Andreas Android And Windows Phone Release Is Due Next Week
- Zagat Update Brings New Tablet UI And More
- Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- Follow: a10, Android, e-reader, gingerbread, hong kong, ifa 2011, pocketbook,
- Seen at: socialbarrel