After being introduced quite awhile ago, the Galaxy Tab 8.9 and Galaxy Player 4.0 and 5.0 are finally arriving on our shores. At the Samsung Experience in New York earlier today, Samsung had some good news for folks looking forward to get their hands on the aforementioned devices. The Galaxy Tab 8.9 (for those of you who feel that the 7 is too small and the 10.1 is too big) is available for pre-order starting today. The Android Honeycomb tablet will go on sale nationwide starting October 2nd for $469 (16GB) or $569 (32GB). Check out our hands on preview for more details about the tablet.
The Galaxy Player 4.0 and Galaxy Player 5.0 are Android-powered portable media players (PMP) that basically let you enjoy the versatility and functionality of an Android phone minus the ability to make phone calls and connect over 3G. Both players will pack the same specs except that the Galaxy Player 4.0 will have a smaller display (4″) while the 5.0 will carry a 5″ display, and the 4.0 will also have a smaller battery (1,200mAh) and weighs less. The Galaxy Player 5.0 will be available for $269 and the Galaxy Player 4.0 will cost $229. Both players will go on sale nationwide starting October 16th.
Next Story: HTC Vigor caught in the wild
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-04-09: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review
- 2012-03-05: Samsung announces Galaxy Player 70 Plus
- 2011-12-23: Galaxy Tab 8.9 unofficial Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on the way
- 2011-09-22: Galaxy Tab 8.9 unboxing caught on video