Amazon.com has finally kick stated their spanking new Amazon Locker package delivery system right in the heart of New York City, which further expands on a test that originally started in its hometown of Seattle. Basically, this online checkout system will list up to eight Amazon Locker locations as options for delivery in New York, where among the places where such lockers are installed would include selected Gristedes, Rite-Aid and D’Agostino stores in Manhattan.
It does seem as though the system is still in limited testing at the moment and have yet to be made available to the entire spectrum of Amazon.com customers. For those who want to see whether they can be an “early adopter” of sorts, just check out your Amazon address book and see whether you are able to “Search for a Locker Location” and add it as a shipping destination.
It also seems as though Amazon Lockers have made their way across the pond to the UK, where the system is alive and kicking. There is no public announcement of this initiative as at press time, but I would presume that once all the relevant testing is complete with the go-ahead from the top, an official press release will be issued.
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!