Who says purchasing an Eee Pad device from Asus is not worth the effort? Asus has just announced that their entire family of Eee Pad devices that are running on the Android operating system will be on the receiving end of Google’s latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system – and while no concrete timeline is in place just yet, it is a work in progress. Below is an excerpt from the good people over at Asus.
Are you waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich? Good news for ASUS customers. Google recently announced the latest update for Android, Ice Cream Sandwich, which brings some exciting new features and capabilities. At ASUS, we pride ourselves on delivering a great experience with our products, thanks to frequent updates that further enhance our products’ capabilities. We’re delighted to confirm support for Ice Cream Sandwich on the ASUS Eee Pad Family – our aim is to bring the latest Android update to the Eee Pad Series, but at this time we are unable to set a date for its release. Please stay tuned for more news on our Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade plans.
Would this bit of news make you go out and pick up a new Eee Pad?
Next Story: A tank Susan Richards would love to command
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-11-22: Android Ice Cream Sandwich has accessibility features for the blind
- 2011-11-14: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich source code now available
- 2011-10-20: Android Ice Cream Sandwich for tablets demonstrated on video
- 2011-10-18: Android Ice Cream Sandwich, Launched!
- 2011-10-18: Samsung Nexus Prime announced by NTT DoCoMo in Japan