We know that 47 billion shots have been fired in Battlefield 3 already, but how about something far more visceral to add to your gaming experience in this latest FPS? We’re talking about the Battlefield 3 simulator here that is truly a world’s first. This special FPS simulator will make gaming as real as possible, wherever you move, walk, aim or fire – and bear in mind, you too, can receive fire in return – all within a 360-degree immersive environment.
Based on the world’s first, portable omni-directional treadmill that was designed by Swedish company MSE Weibull, you use your body as the controller to manipulate your on screen avatar, while a dozen paintball markers will allow you to feel enemy gunfire as experienced in the game. Other items in the setup include a wireless gun system, ambient LED lighting, and an Xbox Kinect camera hack. Watch the entire video after the jump to see just how it works – and pick up your jaw from the floor after that.RELATED
- Xbox One Experiencing Overwhelming Demand, According To Microsoft
- Windows 7 Still Most Popular OS On Steam, Windows 8.1 Catching Up
- Gaikai PS4 Streaming Service Will Work With PS3 And PS Vita Too
- Microsoft Aware Of Xbox One Party Chat Issues
- Project Spark Is Now In Open Beta
- Follow: battlefield 3, simulator,