Last week we reported on rumors that Best Buy may be slashing the price of the HTC Flyer tablet to $300. It was suggested that this would be in response to Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablet, which we now know is priced at a rather affordable $199. Well the good news is that it turns out those rumors are true.
Yes, you read that right. If you’re interested in getting your hands on the HTC tablet, the good news is that according to Best Buy’s website, the tablet is now being offered for $300. If you’re feeling that $300 is a bit too much to pay for a tablet still running on Gingerbread 2.3, word has it that HTC has Honeycomb 3.2 in the works for the tablet, although there has been no official word as to when HTC Flyer owners will be receiving the update.
Just a quick recap for those planning to grab the HTC Flyer: It will sport a 7” display with a 1.5GHz processor under the hood with Android’s Gingerbread 2.3 and the HTC Sense UI on board. No word on how long Best Buy will keep the $300 price tag for or whether it’s a promotion or a new fixed price, so you should probably make your decision snappy!RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Follow: Android, best buy, deals, gingerbread, htc flyer, promotion,
- Seen at: phandroid