Last week we reported on rumors that Best Buy may be slashing the price of the HTC Flyer tablet to $300. It was suggested that this would be in response to Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablet, which we now know is priced at a rather affordable $199. Well the good news is that it turns out those rumors are true.
Yes, you read that right. If you’re interested in getting your hands on the HTC tablet, the good news is that according to Best Buy’s website, the tablet is now being offered for $300. If you’re feeling that $300 is a bit too much to pay for a tablet still running on Gingerbread 2.3, word has it that HTC has Honeycomb 3.2 in the works for the tablet, although there has been no official word as to when HTC Flyer owners will be receiving the update.
Just a quick recap for those planning to grab the HTC Flyer: It will sport a 7” display with a 1.5GHz processor under the hood with Android’s Gingerbread 2.3 and the HTC Sense UI on board. No word on how long Best Buy will keep the $300 price tag for or whether it’s a promotion or a new fixed price, so you should probably make your decision snappy!
- 2014-02-16: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2013-12-12: Best Gadgets You Can Find At Best Buy [Promoted]
- 2013-11-26: Apple's Brick And Mortar Stores Account For 11% Of All U.S. Cellphone Sales
- 2013-11-24: PS4 Sold Out At Best Buy
- 2013-11-21: Best Buy Offering $75 Gift Card With Fourth Generation iPad Purchase
- 2011-11-07: Best Buy offering free HTC phones with Call of Duty MW3 purchase
- 2011-10-06: Best Buy drops HTC Flyer further down to $100 (Updated)
- 2011-09-30: Best Buy to slash HTC Flyer price tag
- 2011-08-02: Pandigital Nova Digital Reader going for $170 at Best Buy
- 2011-05-20: HTC Flyer Available today at Best Buy