For those of us who didn’t get to attend Call of Duty XP to have a hands-on experience with the upcoming Call of Duty game, there must be a lot of unanswered questions you have about the game’s Strike Packages. Well, the folks behind the game must have realized this because they’ve just posted up a video detailing how the Strike Packages in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are going to work.
In previous CoD games, the only players rewarded were those with high kill and low death counts – players who preferred playing more supportive roles had a harder time achieving special abilities and attacks in the game. Well, Strike Packages were implemented in the game so that all sorts of players could be rewarded but albeit in different ways.
The Assault Strike Package will be for folks used to the old Kill Streak system, while the Support Strike Package is targeted at people more interested in team play and will unlock items such as radar jammers and so on and deaths won’t reset streaks. Lastly, the Specialist Strike Package will let players unlock new perks with every two kills, which at eight kills will give them every available perk in the game turning them into a super soldier.
This interesting system will make the game a lot more accessible to newer players, and make veteran CoD players feel at home at the same time. Pretty cool if you ask me. Check out the video explanation for yourself:
- 2014-04-15: Snoop Dogg Featured In Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Voice Pack
- 2014-04-04: Call Of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Launch Screens Detail Predator
- 2014-03-31: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Gameplay Trailer Released
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-02-20: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Will Be Free To Play On Steam This Weekend
- 2011-11-10: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 nearly 10 million copies sold on day one
- 2011-11-07: 6,000 copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 stolen in France
- 2011-11-04: Leaked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 auction ends at $1,725
- 2011-11-03: Call of Duty: ELITE explained
- 2011-10-18: Logitech releases official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 keyboard and mouse