If the thought getting a video conferencing camera set up in the living room seemed like a daunting process to you, you’re in luck because all that is about to change. Biscotti (formerly known as Wham!) has recently announced the launch of its video conferencing camera that is supposed to be a piece of cake when it comes to setting up. All you have to do is plug it in between your TV’s HDMI input and your cable box, or as a standalone HDMI device and you’re good to go.
The Biscotti TV Phone overlays its menus and UI on top of whatever you’re watching so you can answer calls without having to interrupt your favorite TV program. The camera can be set to auto-answer calls and even automatically turn on your components using HDMI-CEC control which should make it usable even by the most un-tech-savvy people (i.e. your grandparents).
The camera connects to the internet over WiFi and has a built-in microphone to make sure you don’t have silent video calls. Judging by preliminary reports, its UI is touted be well thought out and user friendly though the quality of its video calls is yet to be determined. This tiny, easy to set up HD video conference camera is available now with a price tag of $199. Head here to find out more or order one for yourself.RELATED
- Time Warner Cable Open To Including Netflix On Its Set-Top Boxes
- Time Warner Cable Adding TWC TV App Support To Another Platform This Week
- PiixL Jetpack: A Small Enough PC To Be Tucked Behind Your Flat Screen TV
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Follow: video calling,
- Seen at: theverge