If there was any doubt to how successful Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was going to be, all those fears can now be laid to rest. According to recent reports, the latest game in Activision’s hit FPS franchise managed to sell 9.3 million copies on the first day it went on sale – which makes it the biggest industry launch ever. In comparison with the previous games in the series, Black Ops sold 7 million copies on day one and took an entire week to reach 10 million, while Modern Warfare 2 sold 6 million on the first day.
With each Call of Duty title doing even better than the last, it’s highly unlikely we’ll see Activision putting an end to the franchise anytime soon. Though we wonder if it’ll be able to continue beating its previous records. I guess we’ll just have to wait for the next installment in 2012 to see. How many of you bought MW3 on launch day and what do you think of the game so far?
Next Story: Logitech Alert now supports Dropbox Storage
- 2014-04-04: Call Of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Launch Screens Detail Predator
- 2014-03-31: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Gameplay Trailer Released
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-02-20: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Will Be Free To Play On Steam This Weekend
- 2014-02-12: Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2011-12-01: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - The Vet & The n00b Trash Talk video released
- 2011-11-07: 6,000 copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 stolen in France
- 2011-11-04: Leaked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 auction ends at $1,725
- 2011-11-03: Call of Duty: ELITE explained
- 2011-10-20: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Strike Packages detailed