Duke Nukem 3D has arrived on Android and although there is some excitement going on, the first impressions are also (very) mixed. If you don’t know Duke Nukem, it was a classic game in the 90s and was in fact Doom’s nemesis. The action happens in Los Angeles, which is under attack by aliens and Duke is going to use a vast arsenal of weapons to fight back.
Duke Nukem fans can relive the good old days for $1, but I’ll pass. The game has aged significantly, and I don’t think that the controls are adapted to the touch screen format, especially on the tiny space allowed by smartphones. Right now, the game is getting a 3.4 score on the Android market, but this may evolve as fans snatch it. It works on Android 1.6 and above, so pretty much every device in circulation should be compatible. [Market link]
- 2014-04-15: Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction Redirects Visitors To New Website
- 2014-01-28: Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition Trailer Overdoses On Dukes
- 2011-11-16: Duke Nukem 3D now available for the BlackBerry PlayBook
- 2011-11-01: Duke Nukem 3D on Android
- 2011-09-20: Gearbox wants your help for the next Duke Nukem game
- 2011-08-30: Next Duke Nukem game to be better and revealed soon