Heads up HTC Thunderbolt users, it looks like a fully functional MIUI ROM is available for download for your device. Previously there have been several attempts at porting MIUI over onto the HTC Thunderbolt, but unfortunately it was plagued with bugs and problems, such as SMS and data not working.
The developer behind this port has even gotten in touch with the guys at MIUI, and they seem to think that the port for the HTC Thunderbolt is good enough to be added to the list of officially supported devices. Now the only caveat here is that MMS functionality does not work, although with the option to send via email and other options such as Whatsapp, perhaps this may not be as big of an issue.
For HTC Thunderbolt owners looking forward to getting their hands on the ROM, head on down to RootzWiki for the download and full set of instructions, along with additional information about the ROM.
Next Story: Malicious app on App Store pulled
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2013-02-05: HTC Thunderbolt Gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2013-01-31: Verizon HTC Thunderbolt Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2012-12-19: Verizon HTC Thunderbolt To Receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Soon
- 2011-11-09: Fully working MIUI now available for HTC Thunderbolt
- 2011-10-26: HTC Thunderbolt finally gets working Gingerbread update
- 2011-08-31: HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-06-26: Gingerbread coming soon for HTC Thunderbolt
- 2011-04-01: HTC Thunderbolt outsells the iPhone 4 on Verizon?
- 2011-03-21: HTC Thunderbolt Review