Mimo Monitors has announced the launch of its Mimo Magic Touch: a 10″ monitor that features capacitive touch capabilities. It is designed for point-of-sale (POS) input and entry purposes, corporate video conferencing, smart home entertainment systems, industrial/manufacturing controls, as well as applications in healthcare, hospitality, retail, education, sound/video editing and other industries that can benefit from the use of a touchscreen. Its capacitive touch capabilities is a nice improvement over resistive touch displays that are normally used in such industries.
In addition to being a touch display, the Mimo Magic Touch can also function as a tethered tablet, in the event you want to walk around short distances i.e. during a presentation. The display is less than an inch think and weighs under 1lb, and has a resolution of 1024 x 600. It plugs into your computer via USB, and is compatible with Windows and Mac OS. Pre-orders for the Magic Touch are available now, and they are expected to ship out before Christmas. Prices start at $299.99, head here for more information.
Next Story: Kindle Fire app sideloading in 3 easy steps
- 2013-03-07: Samsung Series 5 UltraTouch Review (13.3")
- 2011-10-11: Microtouch kit endows gizmos with touchscreen capability
- 2011-02-10: Curved touchscreen measures 33-feet long
- 2010-03-19: IDTI full HD touchscreen display
- 2010-05-14: Element Radio Design Offers Its Own Touchscreen Display With A Dock