Images of a 6” Motorola Android tablet has surfaced, as reported by The Verge, and based on the label on the box, it is apparently called the Motorola Corvair. It seems that the Corvair is meant to be used in the living room to act as some sort of remote control or interface for your television, as pictured above on the box where the tablet seems to be mirroring the UI on the TV.
Not much is known regarding its specs, apart from the fact that it will be running on Android’s Gingerbread 2.3, sport a massive 4000mAh battery which should last the user a good while before requiring a charge, which seems like a good idea since no one likes having to charge their TV remotes every couple of hours. It will communicate with your TV or set-top box via IR technology, and some have speculated that there is a possibility of streaming internet content i.e. videos onto the tablet itself.
This is the first we’ve heard of the Motorola Corvair so it will be interesting to see how Motorola will be marketing this device, or when it will be released and what sort of plans Motorola has for the cable TV market.RELATED
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Review
- No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: Android, gingerbread, leak, Motorola,
- Seen at: theverge