Left and right, you see and hear about computers as well as smartphones getting hit by viruses and malware – and this scourge needs to be stamped out, although it would be impossible to do so in a classic game of cat and mouse. Well, the announcement of the Norton Tablet Security as well as additional updates for Norton Mobile Security might just tip the balance in end users’ favor, where a new “Scream” feature will even let you locate a lost or stolen phone in a jiffy. Both software will be for the Android platform, so read more about them after the jump.
With $39.99 Norton Tablet Security, this new offering will target Android-powered tablets, where it will protect your privacy and important data against loss, theft, viruses, and other threats via the Web-based Anti-Theft feature, a “Sneak Peek” feature that will remotely capture a photo using the front-facing tablet camera, as well as Anti-Malware capability that scans your apps and updates alongside other files on your SD card for threats.
As for $29.99 Norton Mobile Security, this revamped mobile offering delivers web-based anti-theft functions as well as a “Scream” locator that allows you to send a text to your missing handset in order to remotely activate an alarm so that you can find your device. Those who already own Norton Mobile Security can download these new feature updates via your current product subscription. [Press Release]
- 2014-01-15: Symantec Patents Method To Weed Out Fake Or Malicious Torrents
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review