James Cameron may be re-releasing his Titanic movie in 3D, but that doesn’t mean we’ll need to wait for the movie to experience it in 3D. The folks over at ORM Entertainment are working on recreating the entire ship as a map using the CryEngine 3 (the engine used to create Crysis 2) and from how it looks so far, all I can say is: amazing. The map is highly detailed, and features great looking textures, interactive elements, and plenty of rooms to visit.
The only thing missing from the ship is its passengers and crew, which will no doubt be added in the future. I haven’t seen the Titanic for myself so I can’t vouch how accurate it is, but even if you have no interest in the ship, the video demonstration is worth watching for its looks alone. Check it out for yourself:
- NPD: Xbox One Won First Round Of Sales Against PS4 In Australia
- IGN: Xbox One Hard Drive Maxes Out At 362GBs
- Nintendo Updates 3DS With Miiverse Among Others
- Fallout 4 Website Creator Hoped His Stunt Would Force Bethesda To Reveal Their Hand
- BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- Seen at: lazygamer.net