Last week we announced that EverQuest 2 would be going the free to play route, and well it looks like that day has finally arrived. In an official press release, Sony Online Entertainment announced that starting today, all PC users will be able to freely download, install and launch the game without charge. All users will gain access to the base game and all expansions up to and including Sentinel’s Fate as well as the new Freeport Reborn game update.
The game will now feature three levels of subscriptions tailored to each individual – Free, Silver and Gold, with each level less restrictive than the previous one. This will allow casual players to enjoy the game just as much as the hardcore players who have already been paying monthly fees for years. Folks on the EverQuest 2 Extended servers will also be making the transition over to the regular EverQuest 2 servers as well, so if you’re a veteran EverQuest 2 player, expect to see a lot of new faces.
Head over to the EverQuest 2 website to find out more. Who’s going to give it a shot over the weekend?RELATED
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: free-to-play, mmo, sony online entertainment,