Remember HTC’s debut Android tablet, the HTC Flyer? It shipped with Android 2.3 Gingerbread when most of the tablets from other companies were shipping out Honeycomb tablets. Well for those of you who picked up a HTC Flyer and feel left out from the Honeycomb scene, you’re in luck. HTC has officially announced that the Android Honeycomb update for the tablet has started rolling out today.
Unfortunately this update is only for GSM versions of the tablet that were sold in Europe first. The WiFi-only version of the tablet will be getting it soon. No word on the EVO View 4G though (Sprint’s version of the Flyer), but hopefully it won’t take too long to reach this side of the world. In addition to Honeycomb, the tablet brings enhanced Internet browsing, Mail, Calendar and more. For those of you who have started receiving updates let us know how it goes. As usual, don’t forget to back up your files before attempting anything.
Next Story: Touch: formerly PingChat!
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2011-09-30 Best Buy to slash HTC Flyer price tag
- 2011-07-27 HTC Puccini Backside Revealed
- 2011-04-22 HTC Flyer pre-order begins this Sunday
- 2011-04-05 HTC Evo View 4G to ship with Honeycomb right out of the box
- 2011-03-31 HTC Flyer shown off in a 6 minute video