A while back we reported that there was a possibility that Lenovo could be launching a smart TV of their own called the “LeTV”, and sure enough Lenovo has confirmed the device, although the name might change to the “IdeaTV” moniker for its launch outside of China. Still not much details have been revealed, but it’s still pretty consistent with what we reported earlier about how the company will be launching the smart TV with a cloud service of its own.
The new cloud will automatically sync media between devices and will offer users up to 200GB of storage each. The IdeaTV/LeTV is expected to see a launch come Q1 2012 which means there is a good chance that Lenovo could be debuting their smart TV at CES 2012, so you might want to check back with us then. At this rate it looks like Lenovo and other manufacturers will be getting a smart TV out way before Apple’s rumored “iTV”, assuming that such a device exists of course.
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-21 Uber Giveaway: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, Yoga Tablet 8 and Mixx 2
- 2014-04-15 Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15 Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced